- Degree in social sciences, psychology, or social work.
- Three (3) years management experience in residential or related setting and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Available to work 35 hours a week and be on call in case of emergencies
- Awareness of and respect for the human rights of persons-in-care.
- Knowledge of labour laws and collective agreement.
- Interpersonal, leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, self-motivated and able to follow directions.
- Organization and time management abilities. Meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Great Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to act in accordance with established policies and procedures in the event of emergencies.
- Familiarity with computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of populations with disabilities, injuries, and/or complex health care needs.
- Competency with challenging behaviours.
- The ability to accept change and adapt to a variety of assignments.
- Emergency First Aid.
- CPR Level C.
- Mandt Certification.
- FoodSafe Level 1.
- Criminal Record Clearance.
- Prior Contact Check.
- TB Clearance.
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License with eligibility to acquire an unrestricted Class Driver's Abstract clear of related violations within the last five (5) years.
- Reliable personal vehicle for work purposes with adequate insurance.
Strive Living Society is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate against age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
Starting wage is $24.74 ans a competitive salary and benefits package upon completion of probation/requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.