- Certificate, diploma, degree or attending education in Child and Youth Care Counseling, Social Work, or a related field
- Minimum 1 year experience in child & youth care, and/or a combination of relevant education & experience working with youth that are at-risk or have developmental delays and special needs
- Able to lift up to 30lbs and physically active and participating in activities such as swimming, hiking, and biking
- Experience with Autism, Self - harm, aggressive behavior, setting boundaries, active listening and empathic communication.
- Available for 3 shifts a week with one of those shifts being on the weekend. Shifts are as follows: 7:00 am-3:00 pm, 3:00 pm-11:00 pm, 11:00 pm-7:00 am*awake overnight
- Must have previous experience working with youth with special needs, including experience following and implementing behavior management and crisis intervention plans and using specialized augmentative and visual communication strategies, such as the use of PECS
- Able to prioritize, manage crisis, work independently and also as part of a team
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to compile accurate records and prepare reports
- Available for continuous training
The successful candidate must have or ready to acquire:
- Criminal record clearance
- Valid BCDL class 5 and suitable driver's abstract
- Valid first aid and CPR Level C certification
- FoodSafe certification
- MANDT Training will be offered in house
- Other as required
Competitive compensation starting at $23.11
Strive Living Society is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate against age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
If you are interested to join our team please submit a copy of your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted for interview.